U.S. Department of Transportation
Federal Highway Administration
1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC 20590
Performance Dashboards and Scorecards
- San Francisco Municipal Transportation Agency Interactive Dashboard for Performance Metrics
Interactive performance dashboards track the agency's progress in meeting the goals and objectives outlined in the SFMTA's 2013-2018 Strategic Plan.
- Tampa, Florida's Transportation Performance Charts
Charts provide an at-a-glance view of how the city is doing on its goals for sidewalk maintenance, pothole patching, and more.
- San Diego Performance Dashboard
PerformSD tracks the city's key performance indicators and other information. Data about how the city performs is visualized through charts, graphs, and other infographics to tell a story.
- Michigan DOT Performance Summary
The monthly MiScorecard summary reports on progress made toward transportation targets in a number of categories including safety, condition, accountability, and mobility.
- Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) Build a Safety Data Dashboard Tool
The Roadway Safety Data Dashboard provides roadway fatality data in an easy-to-use interface.
- Connecticut DOT Five-Year Capital Plan Dashboard
The plan represents the department's proposed program of highway and bridge, public transportation, and facility capital projects. The dashboard shows funding by source and mode for programmed and overprogrammed projects.
Safety, Mobility, and Congestion
- American Transportation Research Institute (ATRI) 2017 Top Truck Bottleneck List
The top 100 congestion profiles are listed in rank-order in a table format.
- FHWA Safety Performance Management (Safety PM) Resources
The site provides resources supporting implementation of five performance measures.
- Stateline: Troopers Use ‘Big Data' to Predict Crash Sites
This Pew Charitable Trusts article looks at the tangible benefits predictive crash analytics can provide.
- FHWA Traffic Incident Management Knowledgebase
Good practices, lessons learned, after-action reports, tools, and other products are shared in a searchable database, with a goal of stronger local, regional, tribal, and state traffic incident management committees and programs.
- Autonomous Vehicles Meet Human Drivers: Traffic Safety Issues for States
The Governors Highway Safety Association has released a report on the issues associated with educating the public about semi-autonomous vehicles and managing traffic safety.
- Federal Transit Administration (FTA) National Public Transportation Safety Plan
The Moving Ahead for Progress in the 21st Century Act (MAP-21) required a National Public Transportation Safety Plan to improve safety on public transportation systems that receive Federal transit funds. The plan includes safety performance measures for all modes of public transportation.
- FHWA Office of Safety's Safety Compass Newsletter
This edition of the newsletter features an article on data visualization and as well as case studies of state safety practices.
- FHWA Office of Planning, Environment, & Realty: MPO Guidebook for Using Safety as a Project Prioritization Factor
The guidebook includes interviews with representatives of nine metropolitan planning organizations (MPOs) identified as having a well-defined project prioritization process that explicitly considers safety.
- Volpe, The National Transportation Systems Center Interactive Report: The Future of Transportation
The report covers all talks from Volpe's leadership speaker series on this topic, addressing the themes of safety, opportunity, and innovation.
Research, Technical Reports, and Guides
- Florida Department of Transportation: Planning for Travel Time Reliability Guide
The guide provides tools to better understand how travel time reliability is incorporated into the agency's planning processes; where there are opportunities for collaboration and tools; and how to fund related improvements.
Performance Measures and Reports
Events, Conferences, Workshops, and Webinars