- Check back often as FHWA is in the process of planning future webinars.
- Utility Industry Outreach Webinar FHWA hosted a Utility Industry Outreach webinar focused on Buy America requirements related to Utilities where over 1,200 attendees participated. The purpose of this webinar was to ensure Utility Owners understood previous policy guidance on the subject of Buy America and Utilities. Additionally, this webinar offered an opportunity for the Utility Industry to ask questions related to Buy America and Utilities.
This webinar was held on Wednesday, December 11th, 2013 from 2:00 to 4:00pm Eastern Standard Time.
- FHWA Presentation (.pdf, 2 mb)
- Caltrans Presentation (.pdf, 0.2 mb)
- New Mexico's Presentation (.pdf, 0.2 mb)
- New Mexico Example Documents
- 30% Alert Letter (.pdf, 0.1 mb)
- 60% Utility Authorization to Engineer (.pdf, 0.1 mb)
- Authorization to Construct (.pdf, 0.1 mb)
- Permit Application Form (.pdf, 0.1 mb)
- Utility Adjustment Agreement (.pdf, 0.1 mb)
Building a Successful Utility Coordination Program: The Utah Experience: FHWA and the Utah Department of Transportation (UDOT) hosted a Utility Outreach Webinar titled Building a Successful Utility Coordination Program; The Utah Story, January 29, 2014, 1-2:30pm eastern time. This webinar featured efforts that the UDOT has undertaken to improve the utility coordination program. Topics covered were: The collaborative process UDOT used to re-write their utility accommodation policy, development of a manual of instruction for team members responsible for coordinating utility work, the development of a training program, how model agreement templates, project schedule templates, and other best practices are being implemented across the UDOT along with examples of successful implementation. This webinar offered interactive session where participants and presenters discussed issues of national significance. The webinar was attended by nearly 200 people from 91 locations across the nation. The recording may be viewed at: https://connectdot.connectsolutions.com/p1qs2lvm8ju/.
Utility Outreach Webinar: MassDOT's Incentive Based Reimbursement Initiative: FHWA and the Massachusetts Department of Transportation (MassDOT) hosted a Utility Outreach Webinar on March 5th, 2014 from 1:00-2:30pm eastern time. MassDOT developed an incentive based initiative to reduce utility delays during the construction phase of a project. MassDOT covered the actions taken, coordination efforts and results of this initiative. The webinar was attended by 189 people at 88 different locations. The recording may be viewed at the following link: https://connectdot.connectsolutions.com/p5bt1zbjqdf/