|FHWA > Infrastructure > Bridge > Steel > Heat Straightening|
FHWA Demonstration Project
Heat Straightening Repair for Damaged Steel Bridges
Subject: Heat Straightening Repair of Damaged Steel Bridge Members
The FHWA and California Department of Transportation (Caltrans) will be hosting a two day demonstration on Heat Straightening Repair of Damaged Steel Bridge Members, March 27th-28th, 2000. The demonstration will be held at the Caltrans Lab Facility Auditorium at 5900 Folsom Blvd, Sacramento, CA, 95819.
Through the use of videos, slides, an interactive computer program, and a field demonstration, the following information will be presented:
- An overview of heat straightening.
- How to conduct various heating patterns.
- How to repair various damage types.
- How to inspect and supervise repairs.
- How to estimate the time required to straighten a bent section of steel.
- How to set up technical specifications.
- A case study of an actual repair using an interactive computer program.
Workshop agenda, flyer, and additional information are available through the FHWA web site at the following address: www.fhwa.dot.gov/bridge/heat.htm
Registration needs to be completed by the end of February. Space is limited, so early registration is encouraged. Stephen Sahs, Caltrans, will serve as the demo coordinator and accept registrations either by phone (916-227-7928), Fax (916-227-7928), or email (email@example.com). Please include names, mailing and email addresses, phone and fax numbers.
If you have any questions, please call. Hope to see you at the demo.