Highway & Rail Transit Tunnel Maintenance & Rehabilitation Manual
- American Concrete Institute (ACI) Committee 515, A Guide to the Use of Waterproofing, Dampproofing, Protective, and Decorative Barrier Systems for Concrete, ACI 515.1R-79 (Reapproved 1985), American Concrete Institute, Farmington Hills, MI, 1986.
- American Concrete Institute (ACI) Committee 224, Causes, Evaluation and Repair of Cracks in Concrete Structures, ACI 224.1R-93 (Reapproved 1998), American Concrete Institute, Farmington Hills, MI, 1993.
- American Railway Engineering and Maintenance-of-Way Association (AREMA), Manual for Railway Engineering, Volume 1 and 4, AREMA, 1999.
- Arnoult, J. D., Culvert Inspection Manual FHWA-IP-86-2, Federal Highway Administration, 1986.
- Association Française des Travaux en Souterrains (AFTES) Working Group No. 14 (Maintenance and Repair of Tunnels), Recommendations for the Treatment of Water Inflows and Outflows in Operated Underground Structures, Tunnelling and Underground Space Technology, 4.3 (1989): 343-407. (Figures 4.7, 4.8, and 4.9 used with permission from Elsevier Science)
- Barlo, T. J.; A. Zdunek, Stray Current corrosion in electrified Rail Systems - Final Report, May 1995, http://www.iti.northwestern.edu/research/completed/stray2.html, 12/7/2001.
- Bickel, J.; E. King, and T. Kuesel, Tunnel Engineering Handbook, Second Edition, Chapman & Hall, New York, 1996.
- Dell'Isola, A.J., Value Engineering: Practical Applications...for Design, Construction, Maintenance & Operations, R. S. Means Company, Inc., Kingston, MA, 1998.
- Elliott, G. M.; M. R. Sandfort and J. C. May, How to Prevent Tunnel Ice-up, Tunnels & Tunnelling International, November 1995, pp. 42-43.
- Emmons, P. H., Concrete Repair and Maintenance Illustrated, R. S. Means Company, Inc., Kingston, MA, 1994.
- Engineering Services Division, Life-Cycle Cost Analysis Instructional Manual, Utah Department of Transportation, 1994
- Haack, A.; J. Schreyer, and G. Jackel, State-of-the-art of Non-destructive Testing Methods for Determining the State of a Tunnel Lining, Tunnelling and Underground Space Technology, 10.4 (1995): 413-431.
- Metro-North Commuter Railroad, Manual for Maintenance and Inspection of Constant Tension catenary Systems.
- Narduzzo, L., Tunnel Leak Remediation at the Toronto Subway, Trends in Rock Mechanics, Geotechnical Special Publication No. 102, American Society of Civil Engineers Proceedings of Sessions of GeoDenver 2000.
- National Fire Protection Association, NFPA 502: Standard for Road Tunnels, Bridges, and Other Limited Access Highways, 2001.
- Newman, A., P.E., Structural Renovation of Buildings, Methods, Details, and Design Examples, McGraw-Hill, New York, NY, 2001.
- Richards, J. A., Inspection, Maintenance and Repair of Tunnels: International Lessons and Practice, Tunnelling and Underground Space Technology, 13.4 (1998): 369-375.
- Sperry Rail Service, Rail Defect Manual, Sperry Rail Service, 1968.
- SYSTRA Consulting, Electric Traction Catenary Inspection Field Manual, AMTRAK, 1998.
- U.S. Department of Transportation, Federal Railroad Administration - Office of Safety, Code of Federal Regulations, Title 49, Track Safety Standards Part 213, Subpart A to F, Class of Track 1-5, Simmons-Boardman Books, Inc., Omaha, NE, 2001.
- U.S. Department of Transportation, Federal Railroad Administration - Office of Safety, Code of Federal Regulations, Title 49, Part 220, Railroad Communications, 2001.
- U.S. Department of Transportation, Federal Railroad Administration - Office of Safety, Code of Federal Regulations, Title 49, Part 236, Rules, Standards, and Instructions Governing the Installation, Inspection, Maintenance, and Repair of Signal and Train control systems, Devices, and Appliances, 2001.