Transportation Asset Management Case Studies
Data Integration: The Pennsylvania Experience
The next steps on PENNDOT's journey toward agency-wide improvement include a mixture of business process and technical activities:
- Establishing an Asset Management Steering Committee to oversee the full development and implementation of Asset Management principles and procedures.
- Developing a Transportation Asset Management Strategic Plan. This plan will build on the existing Asset Management Concept Plan and develop a detailed strategy, including a timeline for full implementation (it is anticipated that this strategic plan will be complete by June 2005).
- Completing the legacy system rewrites for BMS, RMS, and MORIS.
- Completing the conversion of FMIS to the mySAP financial management system.
- Developing a location referencing system.
- Integrating data from additional sources into the GIS database.
- Developing an enterprise data model and incorporate it into a comprehensive data management strategic plan.