HERS Software Read Me
Highway Economic Requirements System - State Version
Version 4.5 release - June 30, 2011
This is the final release of this 4.x version of the HERS-ST software that uses the HPMS 2000 formatted data. Future versions of this software will be migrated to use the NHSP 2010 formatted data.
The v4.5 release of HERS-ST has the following changes:
- Item 1: Provides updated HERS-ST analysis engine build and price-index and cost information.
- Item 2: Outstanding comments, issues, and general bug fixes have been incorporated and rolled into this release.
Latest Cost Data:
- The latest price-index and cost information for HERS-ST are available for download from the HERS-ST web site. http://www.fhwa.dot.gov/infrastructure/asstmgmt/hersrprep.cfm
- Download the DAT files and place them in the HERS-ST default directory, overwriting the DAT files that were originally installed. C:\Program Files\HERS-ST\Default
- This release of HERS-ST uses the same version (v4.4) of the database used by the previous version of HERS-ST. No special processing of the v4.4 database needs to be done to use it with this release of the software. The database was installed in the following location:
- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\ Documents\HERS-ST\Database\bcoHERS_V44.mdb C:\Users\Public\Documents\HERS-ST\Database\bcoHERS_V44.mdb (for Vista only)
On computers that are running Windows Vista or Windows Server 2008, you may be unable to open Help files that require the Windows Help (WinHlp32.exe) program. To obtain the WinHlp32.exe download for Windows Vista, visit the following Microsoft Web site: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=82148
For more detailed information about this issue see Microsoft Article ID #917607: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/917607
- Personal Computer with Pentium III 400 MHz (or equivalent) minimum
- Any of the Microsoft Windows family of operating systems including 98/ME/NT/4.0/2000/XP/Vista
- (Windows 2000sp2 or higher recommended)
- 128 MB of RAM (256 MB or higher recommended)
- 100 MB of Free Disk Space (if minimum data installed)
- Adobe Reader 6.0 or higher (to view documentation)
- CD-ROM drive
- SVGA (800x600) or higher-resolution monitor
- MDAC 2.6 or higher
- HERS-ST requires MDAC 2.6 or greater to run correctly. If you have an older version of MDAC installed on your computer, you can install the updated version from the HERS-ST installation disk or download the latest version from Microsoft. D:\Software\MDAC\mdac_typ.exe