U. S. Department
TRAFFIC VOLUME TRENDS
Travel on all roads and streets changed by 1.3 percent for May 2005 as compared with May 2004.
Travel for the month is estimated to be 256.2 billion vehicle miles.
Cumulative Travel for 2005 changed by +0.2 percent.
Cumulative estimate for the year is 1,178.3 billion vehicle miles of travel.
Estimated Vehicle-Miles of Travel by Region - May 2005 - (in Billions)
Change in Traffic as compared to same month last year.
All data for this month are preliminary. Revised values for the previous month
are shown in Tables 1 and 2.
All vehicle-miles of travel computed with 2003 Table VM-2 as a base.
Compiled with data on hand as of July 08,2005.
1. Travel Trends (May 2005)
2. Individual Monthly Motor Vehicle Travel in the U.S. for May 2005
3. Changes on Rural Arterial Roads by Region and State
4. Changes on Urban Arterial Roads by Region and State
5. Changes on All Estimated Roads by Region and State
6. Volume Trends - Rural
7. Volume Trends - Urban
8. Figure 1 - Moving 12-Month Total on All Highways
9. Figure 2 - Travel on U.S. Highways By Month