U.S. Department of Transportation
Federal Highway Administration
1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC 20590
Federal Highway Administration Research and Technology
Coordinating, Developing, and Delivering Highway Transportation Innovations
|This report is an archived publication and may contain dated technical, contact, and link information
Publication Number: FHWA-HRT-06-121
Date: November 2006
Long-Term Pavement Performance (LTPP) Data Analysis Support: National Pooled Fund Study Tpf-5(013)
- American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials. 1993. AASHTO Guide for Design of Pavement Structures.
- NCHRP. March 2004. Guide for Mechanistic-Empirical Design of New and Rehabilitated Pavement Structures, Project 1-37A final report. Washington, DC. Accessed at http://www.trb.org/mepdg/Part3PChapter3_Flexible%20Design.pdf
- Federal Highway Administration, Turner-Fairbank Highway Research Center-Research, Development, and Technology. January 2003. Long Term Pavement Performance Information Management System Pavement Performance Database User Guide. McLean, VA.
- Washington State Department of Transportation. February 1995. WSDOT Pavement Guide, Volume 2, Pavement Notes.
- Berg, R.L. 1997. “Calculating Maximum Frost Depths at Mn/ROAD Winters 1993–94, 1994–95, 1995–96.” Minnesota Department of Transportation, St. Paul, MN.
- Rada, G.R., G.E. Elkins, B. Henderson, R.J. Sambeek, and A. Lopez. January 1995. LTPP Seasonal Monitoring Program: Instrumentation Installation and Data Collection Guidelines. Report No. FHWA-RD-94-110, Federal Highway Administration. McLean, VA.
- Marshal, T. 1965. “Pavement Condition Survey Procedures.” Internal Report, Materials Laboratory, Washington State Department of Transportation. Olympia, WA.
- Shahin, M.Y. 1998. “Pavement Management for Airports, Roads, and Parking Lots.” Kluwer Academic Publishers.
- Federal Highway Administration. 1998. “Pavement Management Systems.” NHI Course No. 13135. Washington, DC.
- Jackson, N., et al. 1996. “Development of Pavement Performance Curves for Individual Distress Indexes in South Dakota Based on Expert Opinion.” Transportation Research Record.
- Federal Highway Administration, LTPP Division. July 1993. “SHRP-LTPP Interim Guide for Laboratory Material Handling and Testing (PCC, Bituminous Materials, Aggregates and Soils). Operational Guide No. SHRP-LTPP-OG-004. McLean, VA.
- SHRP-LTPP Technical Memorandum AU-167. November 1990. TDRF. Austin, TX.
- American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials. 1986. AASHTO Guide for Design of Pavement Structures, Volume 2.
- SAS Institute, Inc. 2002. SAS online documentation, Version 8. Accessed at http://v8doc.sas.com/sashtml/stat/chap55/sect37.htm.
- Fernandez, G. 2002. Data Mining Using SAS Applications. ISBN NO: 1584883456 CRC/Chapman-Hall UK/USA. Accessed at http://www.ag.unr.edu/gf/dm.html.
- Kameyama S., M. Kato, A. Kawamura, K. Himeno, and A. Kasahara. 2002. “Effects of Frost Heave on the Longitudinal Profile of Asphalt Pavements in Cold Regions.” pp. 1–14. Ninth International Conference on Asphalt Pavements. International Society for Asphalt Pavements, St. Paul, MN.
- Personal observations and discussions with personnel from the Swedish National Road Administration, Borlange, Sweden, 1995.
- Jackson, N., S. Gibson, and J. Mactutis. August 1998. “Pavement Design Technical Report I-15 Reconstruction.” Prepared for Sverdrup/DeLeuw, Salt Lake City, UT.
- Washington State Department of Transportation. February 2002. “Washington State Highway System Plan 2003 to 2022.” Olympia, WA. Accessed at http://www.wsdot.wa.gov/NR/rdonlyres/9D14B579-134E-4456-B76C-94D5C4295AD8/0/HSP20032022.pdf
- Chou, E., J. Tack, J. Yu, J. Wielinski. September 2004. “Evaluation of the Variation in Pavement Performance Between ODOT Districts.” Ohio Department of Transportation.
- Kulkarni, R., C. Saraf, F. Finn, J. Hilliard, and C.Van Til. June 1982. Life Cycle Costing of Paved Alaskan Highways, Volume I. Alaska Department of Transportation.
- Esch, D., R. McHattie, and B. Connor. “Rost Susceptibility Ratings and Pavement Structure Performance.” Alaska Department of Transportation.
- Jackson, N.C. March 1986. “Controlling Frost Heaving and Thaw Weakening in Washington State Roads.” Proceedings 37th Annual Road Builders Clinic. Pullman, WA.
- Burnett, R.A. and D.R. Dwlyer. August 1999. “Fighting Frost Problems in New York State Pavements.” Proceedings of the Tenth International Conference on Cold Regions Engineering. American Society of Civil Engineers. Lincoln, NH.
- Ardani, A. August 1987. “Frost Heave Control with Buried Insulation Interim Report.” Colorado Department of Highways. Denver, CO.
- Wilson, J. and D. Bohnsack. October 2001. “Investigation of Shoulder Heave Problems on I-90, Monroe County.” Wisconsin Department of Transportation.
- Deighton, R., N. Jackson, G. Ruck, and J. Zavitski, July 14, 1995. “Development of Vermont Agency of Transportation’s Pavement Management System,” Final Report. Vermont Agency of Transportation.
- Federal Highway Administration. September 1997. United States Department of Transportation Strategic Plan, 1997–2002. “Federal Highway Administration 1998 National Strategic Plan.” pp. 57–71. Washington, DC. Accessed at http://www.fhwa.dot.gov/policy/fhplan.html#mobility/
- Li, J., et al. July 2006. PCCP Models for Rehabilitation and Reconstruction Decision-Making. Report No. WA-RD 588.2. Washington State Department of Transportation. Olympia, WA.
- American Association for State Highway and Transportation Officials. 1978. Standard Specifications for Transportation Materials and Methods of Sampling and Testing, 12th Ed., Part I, Specifications, 828 pp.; Part II, Tests, 998 pp. Washington, DC.
- Zhang,W. and R.A. Macdonald 2002. “The Effects of Freeze-Thaw Periods on a Test Pavement in the Danish Road Testing Machine.” Ninth International Conference on Asphalt Pavements. International Society for Asphalt Pavements. St. Paul, MN.
- Doré, G., J.M. Konrad, and M. Roy. 1999. “A Deterioration Model for Pavements in Frost Conditions.” Transportation Research Record 1655I. pp. 110–117. Transportation Research Board. Washington, DC.
- Doré, G. and Y. Savard. 1998. “Analysis of Seasonal Pavement Deterioration.” 77th Annual Meeting. Transportation Research Board. Washington, DC.
- Senn, K., D. Frith, M.T. Yapp, L. Scofield. 1997. “Development of Performance Prediction Models for Dry-No Freeze and Dry-Freeze Zones Using LTPP Data.” pp. 997–1011. Eighth International Conference on Asphalt Pavements. Seattle, WA.
- McBane, J.A. and G. Hanek. 1986. “Determination of the Critical Thaw-Weakened Period in Asphalt Pavement Structures.” Transportation Research Record 1089. pp. 138–146. Transportation Research Board. Washington, DC.
- Berg, R.L. 1997. “Calculating Maximum Frost Depths at Mn/ROAD Winters 1993–94, 1994–95, 1995–96.” pp. 1–54. Minnesota Department of Transportation, St. Paul, MN
- Raad, L., E. Johnson, D. Bush, and S. Saboundjian. 1998. “Parks Highway Load Restriction Field Data Analysis: A Case Study.” Transportation Research Record 1615. pp. 32–40. Transportation Research Board. Washington, DC.
- Khazanovich, L., M. Darter, R. Bartlett, and T. McPeak. January 1998. “Common Characteristics of Good and Poorly Performing PCC Pavements.” Report No. FHWA-RD-97-131, Federal Highway Administration, Washington, DC.
- Hesham, A.A. and S.D. Tayabji. September 1999. “Determination of Frost Penetration in LTPP Sections, Final Report.” Report No. FHWA-RD-99-088. Federal Highway Administration. Washington, DC.
- Archilla, A.R. and S. Madanat. July/August 2000. “Development of a Pavement Rutting Model from Experimental Data.” Journal of Transportation Engineering, Vol. 126, No. 4. pp. 291–299.
- Prozzi, J.A. and S.M. Madanat. 2000. “Analysis of experimental pavement failure data using duration models.” Transportation Research Record 1699. pp. 87–94. Transportation Research Board. Washington, DC.
- Janoo, V.C. and L. Barna. 2002. “Pavement Performance During Thaw Weakening.” Ninth International Conference on Asphalt Pavements. pp. 1–17.International Society for Asphalt Pavements. St. Paul, MN.
- Boutonnet,M., P. Lerat, D. Saint-Laurent, and Y. Savard. 2003. “Thermal Aspect of Frost-Thaw Pavement Dimensioning: In Situ Measurement and Numerical Modeling.” Paper No. 03-2657, pp. 1–23. 82nd Annual Meeting. Transportation Research Board. Washington, DC.
- Gharaibeh, N.G. and M.I. Darter. 2003. “Probabilistic Analysis of Highway Pavement Life for Illinois.” Paper No. 03-4294, pp. 1–27. 82nd Annual Meeting. Transportation Research Board. Washington, DC.
- Mladenovic, G., Y. Jiang, and M. Darter. 2003. “Effects of Environmental Factors on Pavement Performance—Initial Evaluation of the LTPP SPS-8 Experiment.” Paper No. 03-3920, pp. 1–22. 82nd Annual Meeting. Transportation Research Board. Washington, DC.
- Chatti, K., et al., June 2005. “LTPP Data Analysis: Influence of Design and Construction Features on the Response and Performance of New Flexible and Rigid Pavements.” NCHRP-TRB.
Previous | Contents