FHWA Onsite RealCost Life-Cycle Cost Analysis (LCCA) Software Workshop
This workshop provides the participants with in-depth instruction on how to integrate and use the FHWA RealCost Life-Cycle Cost Analysis software in evaluating life-cycle costs of competing project alternatives as part of their project development process. Completion of the Fundamentals of Life-Cycle Cost Analysis is recommended prior to taking this course.
This workshop is tailored to meet the needs of the hosting agency. Available topics include:
- LCCA Process Overview
- User Costs
- Probabilistic Approach
- RealCost Walkthrough Example
- Customizing RealCost and Importing or Linking to External Data
- Analyzing Results
The target audience for this course includes federal, state and local planners, design and maintenance engineers, first level maintenance supervisors (and higher), asset managers, and their industry counterparts who will actually be using the RealCost Software to conduct an LCCA. This course is most appropriate for planners, design engineers, individuals responsible for directing and managing maintenance operations and budgets, maintenance project and treatment selection, and/or the monitoring of system conditions.
At the end of this Workshop, participants will be able to:
- Install and use the RealCost Software
- Demonstrate an in-depth understanding of the RealCost user interface and associated worksheets
- Set up and perform deterministic and probabilistic analysis using RealCost
- Interpret deterministic and probabilistic results
- Customize RealCost to be an effective and efficient tool to conduct a life-cycle cost analysis