U.S. Department of Transportation
Federal Highway Administration
1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC 20590
|FHWA Delegations and Organization Manual|
||Office of Primary Interest
| M 1100.1A, Chg. 21
||January 18, 2001
- What is the purpose of this change?
- Which part of FHWA Order M 1100.1A is being updated?
1. What is the purpose of this change? This change documents the establishment
of three offices within the Safety Core Business Unit (CBU), i.e., the Office of Safety
Design, Office of Safety Programs, and Office of Program Integration and Delivery.
2. Which part of FHWA Order M 1100.1A is being updated? This change amends
Part II (Organization and Functions) as follows.
- The Table of Contents is revised to reflect the above listed offices.
- The FHWA organization chart, Figure 1-1 in Chapter 1 (General), is revised
to reflect the above listed offices.
- Chapter 6 (Safety Core Business Unit) is revised as follows. The mission and
functions statement for the Safety CBU has been revised to delete some of
the more specific language which is now contained in the newly added
functional statements for the three offices. The chapter has been
restructured into four sections, i.e., Section 1 (Program Manager), Section 2
(Office of Safety Design), Section 3 (Office of Safety Programs), and
Section 4 (Office of Program Integration and Delivery). Also, an
organizational chart for the Safety CBU has been added as Figure 6-1.
Kenneth R. Wykle
Federal Highway Administrator
Page last modified on October 19, 2015