LCA Pave Tool
Advancing the knowledge and practice of sustainability related to pavement systems
Life-cycle assessment (LCA) is a structured evaluation methodology used to analyze and quantify the environmental impacts of existing products or processes, and to evaluate differences in impacts between alternatives. It gives agencies the ability to investigate areas where they can improve.
LCA Pave is a Microsoft® Excel® based tool developed by FHWA that can be used to assess environmental impacts of pavement material and design decisions.
The tool is intended to be used as a training and informational product only and for voluntary use by agencies and individuals with an understanding of fundamental LCA principles. Its use is not required by Federal statute or regulation.
LCA Pave was developed for and tested in:
- Microsoft® Windows 10 Operating System.
- Microsoft® Excel® for Office 365 (Version 16).
By downloading the software, users agree to the following terms and conditions:
- FHWA does not provide user assistance or support for this software.
- The application of this software is the responsibility of the user. It is imperative that the responsible engineer understands the potential accuracy limitations of the program results, independently cross checks those results with other methods, and examines the reasonableness of the results with engineering knowledge and experience.
- There are no expressed or implied warranties.
I agree to these conditions when downloading the software.
- Overview of the LCA Pave Tool (Passcode: 8W%BS#Vj)
- Demo of the LCA Pave Tool (Asphalt Example) (Passcode: z6@NF*@g)
- Demo of the LCA Pave Tool (Concrete Example) (Passcode: #V8FyK&D)