FHWA Highway Materials Engineering Course
Presented by the Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) over the last 20 years as the Highway Materials Engineering Academy, the course offers an opportunity for transportation agency personnel to gain the knowledge needed to develop materials specifications and guidance; make effective project acceptance decisions; and design, construct, and maintain assets to achieve a long service life. FHWA has extensively revised the course to update the technical content and add new content areas for the Highway Materials Engineering Course.
Course Update and Revision
- Contract Awarded to Harpers Enterprise Inc.
- Content Updates - October 2013 to September 2014
- FHWA & State DOT review teams
- Pilot Offering held December 2014 to March 2015
- HMEC 2017 - December 2016 to March 2017
- Call for Applications to Attend - Spring 2016
- On-site Training Location - AMRL in Frederick, MD
- HMEC 2016 was held December 2015 to March 2016