U.S. Department of Transportation
Federal Highway Administration
1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC 20590
Map and Directions
Driving directions from Seattle/Seatac
- Go south on Interstate 5, take exit 105-A (State Capitol/City Center exit).
- Go straight up the hill going under the overpass/Parking Structure and stopping at the traffic light (the State Capitol will be right across the street).
- Turn right at the light onto Capitol Way.
- Stay on Capitol Way until you see the Ramada Inn Hotel on the left. Our building is on the left just before the Governor Hotel – it is called the Evergreen Plaza Building.
- The office is on the 5th floor.
- There is a very limited amount of 2-hour visitor parking behind the building, and there is parking meters on all the streets surrounding the building which some are 3 hour (Green Domed) and 9 hour (Silver Domed).
Your first 16 minutes are free then it will cost you $0.50 per hour at a 3 hour meter and $0.35 per hour at a 9 hour meter. You are only allowed 3 hours at a 3 hour meter then you will have to move.
There are also 15 minute limit meters (Yellow Domed) – A penny, nickel, or dime will give you 15 minutes.
Parking near and around our office
Page last modified on April 1, 2019