U.S. Department of Transportation
Federal Highway Administration
1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC 20590
Return to top
- One piece, or two or more pieces joined together which are not normally subjected to disassembly without destruction or impairment of designed use [examples: gear, screws, transistors, capacitors, integrated circuits].
- Product Development
- Preliminary Design Review
- A quantitative measure characterizing a physical or functional attribute relating to the execution of a mission/operation or function.
- Program Manager
- Project Management Institute
- A guiding principle, typically established by senior management, which is adopted by an organization or project to influence and determine decisions.
- Point-to-Point Protocol
- An organized set of activities
- Process Area
- A cluster of related practices in an area that, when implemented collectively, satisfies a set of goals considered important for making improvement in that area. All CMMI process areas are common to both continuous and staged representations.
- A product is a given set of items. The set could consist of system, sub-system, hardware or software items, and their documentation.
- An undertaking requiring concerted effort, which is focused on developing and/or maintaining a specific product. The product may include hardware, software, and other components. Typically, a project has its own funding, cost accounting, and delivery schedule with the acquirer [customer].
- Project architecture
- High-level design
- Project life cycle
- See Life cycle
- Project Plan
- A description [what is to be done, what funds are available, when it will be done and by whom] of the entire set of tasks that the project requires.
Page last modified on April 16, 2013