Construction Program Management and Inspection Guide
Appendix G (continued)
ENGINEER'S ESTIMATE CHECKLIST FOR FULL OVERSIGHT PROJECTS
This document serves as a checklist for what should, at a minimum, be reviewed on an Engineer's Estimate for a Full Oversight Project. This checklist and any accompanying information should be filed in the project-specific file.
For additional information on Engineer's Estimates refer to Technical Advisory TA 5080.4 Preparing Engineer's Estimates and Reviewing Bids December 29, 1980.
- Check approximately 15-20 percent (more if possible) of the bid items against the plan quantities for accuracy.
- Do the items checked correspond with the plans and plan quantities?
- Do the Pay Items correspond to the type of work proposed?
- Are the Units of Measure appropriate for the Pay Item?
- Is the quantity for the Pay Item reasonable for the project?
- Does the Unit Price seem reasonable for the type, size, and location of the project?