Bridge Deck Rebar Checklist
Word Version (22 kb) | PDF Version (40 kb)
- Before Placement
- Obtain certificates of compliance
- Check bundles of steel for proper tags and identification
- Check for specification requirements as to grade, size, type, coating, bending, length, supplementary requirements, etc.
- Check coated rebar for handling and transportation damage
- Assure damaged areas are coated prior to use
- Assure metal chairs and other rebar support accessories meet requirements
- Assure that tie wire and support chairs for coated rebar are plastic coated
- Check for proper storage of rebar
- Check size, location and spacing against plans
- Check rebar cover
- Check adequacy of ties and tie downs
- Check type and adequacy of support system
- Check clearance from forms and cover depth
- Check that forms are clean and free from oil, dirt, sawdust, etc.
- Check splice locations against plans
- Recheck coated rebar for coating damage. Patch as required.
- Record placement in daily report
- During Concrete Placement
- Assure that rebar is not displaced during concrete placement
- Assure that rebar is not excessively vibrated
- Spot check rebar cover on bridge decks behind finishing machine