This technical area provides method and procedural guidance concerning the selection, design, performance, specification, installation, quality assurance/quality control, construction monitoring, and construction inspection associated with ground improvement techniques for transportation applications. Covered topics on ground improvement techniques include: grouting, vertical drains, stone columns, lightweight fills, vibro compaction, dynamic compaction, deep soil mixing, column supported embankments, soil nailing, MSE walls, and reinforced soil slopes.
- Geotechnical Engineering Circular No. 7 - Soil Nail Walls (March, 2015)
- Checklist and Guidelines for Review of Geotechnical Reports and Preliminary Plans and Specifications (February, 2003)
- Micropile - Design and Construction Guidelines Manual (08/14/2000)
- Geotechnical Engineering Circular No. 4 - Ground Anchors and Anchored Systems (June, 1999)
- Geotechnical Engineering Circular No. 1 - Dynamic Compaction (October, 1995)