Lead States Group Definition
Group Definition of a Lead State
- One of the first states to pursue implementation of the design guide & obtain upper management support.
- A champion for implementation.
- Knows the political, funding, and internal hurdles that need to be addressed.
- Able to compare pavement design/analysis technologies to determine which is most advantageous for a given project.
- Able to focus on advanced technologies and/or refinements.
- Advertises both successes and failures.
- Shares funding success stories.
- Develops short and long term plans for implementation.
- Becomes an expert in the implementation process.