FHWA Highway Materials Engineering Course
Presented by the Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) over the last 20 years as the Highway Materials Engineering Academy, the course offered an opportunity for transportation agency personnel to gain the knowledge needed to develop materials specifications and guidance; make effective project acceptance decisions; and design, construct, and maintain assets to achieve a long service life. FHWA is now extensively revising the course to update the technical content and add new content areas for the Highway Materials Engineering Course.
Course Update and Revision
- Contract Awarded to Harpers Enterprise Inc.
- Content Updates - October 2013 to September 2014
- FHWA & State DOT review teams
- Pilot Offering held December 2014 to March 2015
- Course Dates for HMEC 2016 – December 2015 to March 2016
- Call for Applications to Attend - Summer 2015
- On-site Training Location - AMRL in Frederick, MD
- Additional Sessions - option years up to 2018