U.S. Department of Transportation
Federal Highway Administration
1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC 20590
Office of Highway Policy Information (OHPI) – Highway Performance Monitoring System (HPMS)
Highway Performance Monitoring System (HPMS)
CPI Process as in 2001 CPI Handbook
- Define the Process
- Choose high priority process to study
- Analyze current process
- Analyze using criteria
- Map the Process "As is"
- Select data to collect
- Select data collection techniques
- Improve the process
- Focus: Define the problem
- Analyze the problem
- Develop solutions to the problem
- Execute: Test the Solutions
- Prepare Implementation Plan
- Follow up on recommended improvements
- Measure process outputs
CPI Applications for HPMS as follows:
- HPMS - A Key Support Process
- Priority or At Risk HPMS Area
- Analyze Process for Collection, Reporting, and Accuracy of HPMS Data
- HPMS Reveiew Guidelines and Other Reference Material
- Outline Current SHA Process and Procedure
- What will be reviewed? - Manuals, Budget, Guidelines, Training
- Select Type of Review - Division Team and Field Review Team
- Recommendations for Improvement
- Where is the Process broken?
- Why is the Process broken?
- Investigate Alternatives
- Select Bes Solution
- Prepare Work Plan and SPR Support
- Monitor Implementation of SPR Program and Data Process
- Improvments in Data Collection and Accuracy of Data is Confirmed.
Back to report
Page last modified on November 7, 2014.