The Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act (IIJA) (Public Law 117-58), also known as the Bipartisan Infrastructure Law, contains a number of new programs targeted at mitigating the impacts of climate change and increasing the resilience of the surface transportation system. Funding for these programs is both apportioned (distributed) to States based on formulas specified in Federal law, and through competitive grant programs. This page provides information on some of the climate and resilience programs, and related funding, under the Bipartisan Infrastructure Law. The FHWA will continue to add additional information to this page over the weeks and months to come.
- Environmental Review Toolkit
- Carbon Reduction Program
- FHWA Climate Challenge – Quantifying Emissions of Sustainable Pavements
- Greenhouse Gas Emissions Performance Measure Notice of Proposed Rulemaking
- National Electric Vehicles Infrastructure Formula Program
- Promoting Resilient Operations for Transformative, Efficient, and Cost-Saving Transportation (PROTECT)