PowerPoint Presentation - Automated Roadway Pavement Marker Placement System
Slide 1 – An Automated Roadway Pavement Marker Placement System
Project Team: Stay Alert Safety Services, Detail Technologies, and Illinois Institute of Technology
Slide 2 – What Is It?
The Automated Roadway Pavement Marker Placement System automates the installation of raised pavement markers on roadways.
Slide 3 – Need
- Traffic delays and vehicle crashes at work zones have resulted in significant economic consequences
- Manual installation of roadway pavement markers is one of the most dangerous activities in the industry
Anticipated advantages to conventional practice:
- Removes workers from exposure to traffic
- Reduces congestion by requiring less stoppage on highway
- Cost savings from reduced labor and accelerated installation cycle time