December 2010 Traffic Volume Trends
- Travel on all roads and streets changed by 0.6% (1.4 billion vehicle miles)
for December 2010 as compared with December 2009.
- Travel for the month is estimated to be 243.4 billion vehicle miles.
- Cumulative Travel for 2010 changed by 0.7% (20.5 billion vehicle miles).
- Cumulative estimate for the year is 2,999.6 billion vehicle miles of travel.
- Estimated Vehicle-Miles of Travel by Region - December 2010 - (in Billions)
- Change in Traffic as compared to same month last year.
- All data for this month are preliminary. Revised values for the previous month are shown in Tables 1 and 2.
- All vehicle-miles of travel computed with 2008 Table VM-2 as a base.
- Compiled with data on hand as of February 10, 2011.
- Some historical data were revised based on HPMS and amended TVT data as of December 2008
- For information on total licensed drivers in the U.S. visit https://www.fhwa.dot.gov/policy/ohpi/hss/hsspubs.htm. Select the year of interest then Section III (Driver Licensing).
- For information on total registered motor vehicles in the U.S., visit https://www.fhwa.dot.gov/policy/ohpi/hss/hsspubs.htm Select the year of interest and Section II (Motor Vehicles).
- Travel Trends (December 2010)
- Individual Monthly Motor Vehicle Travel in the U.S. for December 2010
- Changes on Rural Arterial Roads by Region and State
- Changes on Urban Arterial Roads by Region and State
- Changes on All Estimated Roads by Region and State
- Volume Trends - Rural
- Volume Trends - Urban
- Figure 1 - Moving 12-Month Total on All Highways
- Figure 2 - Travel on U.S. Highways By Month