National Historic Covered Bridge Preservation Program
This program was established by Section 1224 of the Transportation Equity Act for the 21st Century (TEA21). The program provides funding to assist the States in their efforts to preserve, rehabilitate, or restore the Nation's historic covered bridges. For the purposes of this program, the term "historic covered bridge" means a covered bridge that is listed or eligible for listing on the National Register for Historic Places.
- Project Selections
- Guidelines for Rehabilitating Historic Covered Bridges
- Guide for In-Place Treatment of Wood in Historic Covered and Modern Bridges (.pdf, 4 mb)
- Rehabilitation of the Hammond Bridge in Marion County, Iowa (.pdf, 4 mb)
- TechBrief: Strengthening Historic Covered Bridges to Carry Modern Traffic, FHWA-HRT-07-041
- Covered Bridge Manual, FHWA-HRT-04-098, April 2005