Slide-in Bridge Construction
This web page links to a variety of key resources from across the country. The focus is on helping owner-agencies, designers, and construction contractors with no experience in SIBC get started in implementing this technology. Read more about SIBC
The Slide-In Bridge Construction Implementation Guide (.pdf, 20 mb) is now available. This was developed in conjunction with the Utah Department of Transportation for Federal Highway Administration's (FHWA) Every Day Counts Initiative as an innovative Accelerated Bridge Construction technique to shorten project delivery, reduce user impacts, and enhance roadway safety. This document provides a general guideline for state Departments of Transportation (DOTs) to implement the SIBC method for common bridge replacements.
Technical Services Support Center
Can't find the information you're looking for on the SIBC web page? Do you need situation-specific advice from an expert who has "been there, done that"? Contact the SIBC Technical Support Services Center.
The TSSC consists of a select pool of SIBC subject matter experts. They include some of the most experienced and knowledgeable people in the country with regard to SIBC. These experts are on call to help you five days a week during regular working hours. They can help you find appropriate resources on the web page or answer questions about your specific situation.
When you initiate an inquiry to the TSSC, your request will be acknowledged within 24 hours. You will soon be contacted personally by an appropriate technical expert, either by telephone or email (your preference).
SIBC Webinar Series
- Slide In Bridge Construction (SIBC): Owner/Policy Maker Perspective November 21, 2013
- Slide In Bridge Construction (SIBC) from the Engineer/Designer Perspective January 28, 2014
- Slide In Bridge Construction (SIBC) from the Construction / Contractor Perspective March 6, 2014
- Slide In Bridge Construction (SIBC) from the Engineer/Designer Perspective - Second offering April 3, 2014
- Slide In Bridge Construction (SIBC) from the Construction / Contractor Perspective June 12, 2014
11:00 AM Mountain Time
Need more help?
Contact the Technical Support Services Center (TSSC) for a fast, personal response to your specific questions from a national technical expert in SIBC.
Want to share a resource?
Every Day Counts
- This is among the Every Day Counts (EDC) initiatives. Learn more about EDC