U.S. Department of Transportation
Federal Highway Administration
1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC 20590
Return to top
- Not Applicable
- National Aeronautics and Space Administration
- Council on Systems Engineering [now INCOSE]
- National ITS Architecture
- A general framework for planning, defining, and integrating ITS. It was developed to support ITS implementations over a 20-year time period in urban, interurban, and rural environments across the country. The National ITS Architecture is available as a resource for any region and is maintained by the USDOT independently of any specific system design or region in the nation.
- National Council on Systems Engineering [now INCOSE]
- Non-Developmental Item
- Needs assessment
- An activity accomplished early in system development to ensure that the system will meet the most important needs of the project’s stakeholders, specifically that the needs are well understood, de-conflicted, and prioritized.
- National Electrical Manufacturers Association
- National Institute of Standards and Technology
- The failure of a unit or product to conform to specified requirements.
- National Transportation Communications for ITS Protocol
Page last modified on September 21, 2016