U.S. Department of Transportation
Federal Highway Administration
1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC 20590
Return to top
- The process of examining and altering an existing system to reconstitute it in a new form. This may include reverse engineering [analyzing a system and producing a representation at a higher level of abstraction, such as design from code], restructuring [transforming a system from one representation to another at the same level of abstraction], recommendation [analyzing a system and producing user and support documentation], forward engineering [using software products derived from an existing system, together with new requirements, to produce a new system], and translation [transforming source code from one language to another or from one version of a language to another].
- Regional ITS Architecture
- A specific regional framework for ensuring institutional agreement and technical integration for the implementation of ITS projects in a particular region.
- Regression Testing
- Is a process that tests not only the area of change but also tests those areas that were not changed but are affected by the change.
- The total consideration as to WHAT is to be done [functional], HOW well it is to perform [performance], and under WHAT CONDITIONS it is to operate. [Environmental and non-functional].
- Reverse engineering
- The process of documenting an existing Intelligent Transportation Systems functional [what it does – requirements], physical [how it does it – design], and support [the way it was built and maintained – enabling products] characteristics.
- Request for Proposal
- Request for Quotation
- Risk management
- An organized process to identify what can go wrong, to quantify and access associated risks, and to implement/control the appropriate approach for preventing or handling each risk.
- Right Of Way
- Regional Transportation Improvement Plan
Page last modified on September 21, 2016