Construction Program Guide
Form FHWA-1273 - 'Required Contract Provisions Federal-Aid Construction Contracts'
The provisions of Form FHWA-1273 generally apply to all Federal-aid highway construction projects, and must be physically incorporated into the construction contract, subcontracts and lower-tier subcontracts. A STA is not permitted to modify the provisions of Form FHWA-1273. However, a STA may develop a separate supplemental specification or special provision as long as the content does not conflict with Federal requirements or change the intent of the provisions of Form FHWA-1273.
November 2016 Proposed Revisions
FHWA published a Federal Register Notice and Request for Comments on November 28, 2016.Â Â See the following documents for an explanation of the proposed revisions and a mark-up copy showing specific revisions.
- Explanation of the Proposed November 2016 Revisions (.pdf, 0.1 mb)
- Markup Copy of the Proposed November 2016 Revisions (.docx, 0.1 mb)
- 23 CFR 633.102 Applicability (04/01/2001) provides the FHWA's regulatory policy the required use and implementation of the Required Contract Provisions. See the discussion in the FHWA Contract Administration Core Curriculum Manual for current FHWA policy).
- 23 CFR 633A Federal-Aid Construction Contracts (Other than Appalachian Contracts) (10/02/1987)
- The FHWA Contract Administration Core Curriculum Manual summarizes the FHWA's policies and provides general guidance regarding the use of form FHWA-1273.
- Form FHWA 1273 - Required Contract Provisions Federal-Aid Construction Contracts (05/01/2012) Word Version (0.1 mb)