Construction Program Guide
The FHWA's policies for construction authorization and plan, specification and estimate (PS&E) approval provide for:
The FHWA's review of the PS&E documents for certain projects (as described in the Division Office's Stewardship Agreement), and
Certifications by the contracting agency that clearances have been obtained (or necessary arrangements have been made) so as not to delay the construction contractor by delays due to inadequate coordination for right-of-way, utility relocations, railroad relocation, NEPA environmental clearances, and other pre-construction coordination programs.
- Title 23 C.F.R. 630, Subpart B - Plans, Specifications, and Estimates
- Title 23 C.F.R. 630, Subpart A - Required Contract Provisions - Federal-aid Construction Contracts (Other than Appalachian Contracts)
- Title 23 C.F.R. 635.309 - Authorization
- (Note: these regulations were revised prior to 1991 and do not include revised stewardship, oversight, and applicability requirements resulting from the 1991 ISTEA and the 1998 TEA-21. See the discussion in the FHWA Contract Administration Core Curriculum Manual for current FHWA policy).
- FHWA Contract Administration Core Curriculum Manual
- Guidelines on Preparing Engineer's Estimate, Bid Reviews and Evaluation - (Replaces FHWA Technical Advisories TA T 5080.4 and 5080.6)
- FHWA Technical Advisory TA T 5080.10, Guidelines on the use of Incentive/disincentive (I/D) for Early Completion, February 8, 1989
- FHWA Guide for Construction Contract Time Determination Procedures, October 15, 2002
- FHWA Technical Advisory TA T 5080.16, Development and Review of Specifications, August 7, 1992