Articles & Publications
- TechBrief: State of the Knowledge for Use of Asphalt Mixtures with Reclaimed Binder Content,
- FHWA Division Office Survey on State Highway Agency Usage of Reclaimed Asphalt Shingles: Quantities, Trends, Requirements, and Direction - Results from May 2017,
- Overview of Project Selection Guidelines for Cold In-place and Cold Central Plant Pavement Recycling,
- Automated High-Performance Liquid Chromatography Saturate, Aromatic, Resin, And Asphaltene Separation,
- Supplementary Cementitious Materials - Best Practices for Concrete Pavements,
Public Roads Articles:
The following articles are from the July/August 2000 Public Roads Magazine.
- How NCDOT Is Building a Recycling Culture
by Ashley T. Memory
The NC Department of Transportation is demonstrating the cultural benefits of recycling to encourage local participation.
- Lessons Learned: TxDOT's Efforts to Increase the Use of Recycled Materials
by Rebecca Davio
The Texas Department of Transportation shares lessons learned from five years of experience with a recycled materials program.
- National Research Projects on Recycling in Highway Construction
by Marcia J. Simon, Warren H. Chesner, Taylor Eighmy, and Howard Jongedyk
The Federal Highway Administration and the National Cooperative Highway Research Program have sponsored several research projects - some ongoing and others recently completed - pertaining to the use of recycled materials in highway construction.
- The Recycled Materials Resource Center
by Bryan J. Magee
This national center was established in 1998 at the University of New Hampshire to promote the appropriate use of recycled materials in the highway environment. RMRC will conduct about 30 research projects over the first six years of operation.