Fiber Reinforced Polymer (FRP) Composite Technology
Current Practices and Design Information
Current practices in FRP Composites Technology
Strengthening and Damage Repair of Bridges
- Report on Techniques for Bridge Strengthening, FHWA-HIF-18-041
- Strengthening Historic Covered Bridges to Carry Modern Traffic, FHWA-HRT-07-041
Concrete Bridge Beams Prestressed with CFRP Systems
Composite Bridge Decking
Reports and Articles
FRP in Public Roads Magazine
- Roger H. L. Chen et al. (2008), “Steel Versus GFRP Rebars?”, ‘Public Roads, Vol. 72 No. 2, FHWA-HRT-08-006, Sept/Oct 2008.
- Jim Williams, (2008) “The Ongoing Evolution of FRP Bridges”, ‘Public Roads, Vol. 72 No. 2, FHWA-HRT-08-006, Sept/Oct 2008.
- Rodger D. Rochelle (2003), “Composites Add Longevity to Bridges”, ‘Public Roads, Vol. 67 No. 3, November/December 2003.
FRP for Bridge Substructure
State/AASHTO FRP Design Information
- AASHTO LRFD Bridge Design Specifications for GFRP-Reinforced Concrete, 2nd Edition, 2018
- Guide Specifications for the Design of Concrete Bridge Beams Prestressed with Carbon Fiber-Reinforced Polymer (CFRP) Systems, 1st Edition, 2018
- Guide Specifications for Design of Bonded FRP Systems for Repair and Strengthening of Concrete Bridge Element, 1st Edition, 2012
- AASHTO LRFD Guide Specifications for Design of Concrete-Filled FRP Tubes, 1st Edition, 2012