U.S. Department of Transportation
Federal Highway Administration
1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC 20590
Status of the Nation's Highways, Bridges, and Transit:
2002 Conditions and Performance Report
Exhibit ES11B is a bar graph that shows the composition of transit capital investment funding in 1990 and 2000. The vertical axis measures composition percentages from 0 to 100 in increments of 0 to 100 percent. The horizontal axis has two bars-one for 1990 and one for 2000. In 1990, $2,636 million (or about 58 percent) of funding came from Federal sources, while $1,900 (the remaining 42 percent) came from State and local sources. In 2000, the composition was reversed: $4,781 million (or about 53 percent) came from State and local sources, while $4,275 million (the remaining 47 percent) came from Federal sources.
Back to Executive Summary