U.S. Department of Transportation
Federal Highway Administration
1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC 20590
March 2015 Traffic Volume Trends
- Travel on all roads and streets changed by 3.9% (9.8 billion vehicle miles) for March 2015 as compared with March 2014.
- Travel for the month is estimated to be 261.7 billion vehicle miles.
- The seasonally adjusted vehicle miles traveled for March 2015 is 258.9 billion miles, a 3.4% (8.5 billion vehicle miles) increase over March 2014. It also represents a 1.8% change (4.7 billion vehicle miles) compared with February 2015.
- Cumulative Travel for 2015 changed by 3.9% (26.9 billion vehicle miles).
- The cumulative estimate for the year is 720.1 billion vehicle miles of travel.
- Estimated Vehicle-Miles of Travel by Region - March 2015 - (in Billions)
- Change in Traffic as compared to same month last year.
- All data for this month are preliminary. Revised values for the previous month are shown in Tables 1 and 2.
- All vehicle-miles of travel computed with Highway Statistics 2013 Table VM-2 as a base.
- Compiled with data on hand as of May 11, 2015.
- Some historical data were revised based on HPMS and amended TVT data as of December 2013.
- For information on total licensed drivers in the U.S. visit https://www.fhwa.dot.gov/policy/ohpi/hss/hsspubs.htm. Select the year of interest then Section III (Driver Licensing).
- For information on total registered motor vehicles in the U.S., visit https://www.fhwa.dot.gov/policy/ohpi/hss/hsspubs.htm. Select the year of interest and Section II (Motor Vehicles).
- Seasonally adjusted vehicle miles traveled removes seasonal changes allowing month-to-month, year-to-year trend comparisons.
- Travel Trends (March 2015)
- Individual Monthly Motor Vehicle Travel in the U.S. for March 2015
- Changes on Rural Arterial Roads by Region and State
- Changes on Urban Arterial Roads by Region and State
- Changes on All Estimated Roads by Region and State
- Volume Trends – Rural
- Volume Trends – Urban
- Figure 1 – Moving 12-Month Total on All Highways
- Figure 2 – Travel on U.S. Highways By Month
- Figure 3 – Seasonally Adjusted Vehicle Miles Traveled
Page last modified on April 1, 2019