Prefabricated Bridge Elements and Systems
What is PBES?
PBES are structural components of a bridge that are built offsite, or near-site of a bridge and include features that reduce the onsite construction time and the mobility impact time that occurs when building new bridges or rehabilitating or replacing existing bridges relative to conventional construction methods.
How Does It Work?
How Does PBES Impact ABC?
|Use of PBES is one strategy that can meet the objectives to Accelerate Bridge Construction while providing additional benefits beyond those with only reducing on-site construction time:
- Connection Details for PBES
- Framework for Decision-Making
- Manual on Use of Self-Propelled Modular Transporters to Remove and Replace Bridges
- Prefabricated Bridge Elements and Systems Cost Study: Accelerated Bridge Construction Success Stories
- Public Roads: To ABC or Not?