U.S. Department of Transportation
Federal Highway Administration
1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC 20590
(Millions of Dollars)
|DISPOSITION OF HIGHWAY-USER REVENUE BY COLLECTING AGENCIES|
|Receipts Available for Distribution||38,267||5,811||44,078||119,941||8,561||172,580||66.88%|
|Less: Amount for Nonhighway Purposes (4)||-||(504)||(504)||(15,142)||(173)||(15,819)||-6.13%|
|Less: Amount for Mass Transportation||(1,788)||(5,230)||(7,018)||(9,816)||(702)||(17,536)||-6.80%|
|Less: Amount for Collection Expenses (5)||-||-||-||(3,604)||(3,604)||-1.40%|
|Less: Amount for Territories (6)||(250)||(78)||(328)||(328)||-0.13%|
|Net Used for Highway Purposes||36,228||(0)||36,228||91,379||7,686||135,293||52.43%|
|REVENUES USED FOR HIGHWAYS - BY COLLECTING AGENCIES|
|Highway User Revenues:||Motor-Fuel and Vehicle Taxes||36,228||-||36,228||71,475||4,488||112,191||43.48%|
|Other Taxes and Fees:||Property Taxes and Assessments||-||-||-||-||11,743||11,743||4.55%|
|General Fund Appropriations (4)||-||7,200||7,200||7,865||25,167||40,232||15.59%|
|Other Taxes and Fees||-||50||50||19,216||9,072||28,338||10.98%|
|Investment Income and Other Receipts||718||-||718||12,585||9,117||22,420||8.69%|
|Total Current Income||36,946||7,250||44,196||131,046||62,785||238,027||92.24%|
|Bond Issue Proceeds (7)||-||-||-||14,742||8,053||22,795||8.83%|
|Grand Total Receipts||36,946||7,250||44,196||145,787||70,838||260,822||101.07%|
|Intergovernmental Payments:||Federal Government:||Highway Trust Fund||(41,954)||-||(41,954)||41,954||-||-||-|
|All Other Funds||-||(6,624)||(6,624)||2,338||4,286||-||-|
|State Agencies:||Highway-User Imposts||-||-||-||(17,891)||17,891||-||-|
|All Other Funds||-||-||-||(5,453)||5,453||-||-|
|Funds Drawn from or Placed in Reserves (8)||7,955||1||7,956||(12,765)||2,042||(2,767)||-1.07%|
|Total Funds Available||2,947||627||3,574||158,833||95,648||258,055||100.00%|
|DISBURSEMENTS FOR HIGHWAYS - BY EXPENDING AGENCIES|
|Capital Outlay:||On State-Administered Highways||-||-||-||78,869||-||78,869||30.56%|
|On Locally Administered Roads||-||-||-||6,460||35,178||41,638||16.14%|
|Not Classified by System||326||99||425||1||-||426||0.17%|
|Maintenance and Traffic Services:||On State-Administered Highways||-||-||-||27,518||-||27,518||10.66%|
|On Locally Administered Roads||-||-||-||835||32,906||33,741||13.08%|
|Not Classified by System||-||243||243||1||-||244||0.09%|
|Administration and Research (9)||2,621||285||2,906||10,465||7,234||20,605||7.98%|
|Highway Law Enforcement and Safety||-||-||-||10,455||11,463||21,918||8.49%|
|Interest on Debt||-||-||-||8,926||3,046||11,972||4.64%|
|Total Current Disbursements||2,947||627||3,574||143,531||89,827||236,932||91.81%|
|Bond Retirements (7)||-||-||-||15,302||5,821||21,123||8.19%|
|Grand Total Disbursements||2,947||627||3,574||158,833||95,648||258,055||100.00%|
(1) This table summarizes data reported in greater detail in the FA, FE, SF, and LGF table series. Some data are preliminary.
(2) Includes the Mass Transit Account of the Highway Trust Fund. Also includes Federal Highway Administration activities funded by general funds and all other agencies and funds that make appropriations for highways or that receive highway-user revenues. See Table FA-5 for additional information.
(3) Data for local governments are estimated every even year.
(4) Amount reported for General Fund Appropriations in the Local column includes some State funds that could not be identified at this time.
(5) Federal column amount represents transfers to the Leaking Underground Storage Tank Trust Fund and the Federal General Fund.
(6) Includes only those collection and administrative costs paid from motor-fuel and motor-vehicle tax receipts. Operational costs of toll facilities are reported as traffic services. Federal collection expenses are excluded since they are paid for by the General Fund. Local expenses are excluded, because local motor-fuel and motor-vehicle tax data are reported net of collection expenses.
(7) Amounts shown represent Federal payments to territories, and Federal expenditures in territories for highways and mass transit.
(8) Proceeds and redemptions of short-term notes and refunding issues are excluded.
(9) Negative numbers indicate that funds were placed in reserves.
(10) Includes small amounts of engineering and equipment costs not charged to capital outlay and maintenance.